About Professor Vinod Kumar Giri
Vinod Kumar Giri is the director of Rajkiya Engineering College, Sonbhadra. Previously, professor and the head of department of Electrical Engineering department in Madan Mohan Malaviya University of Technology, Gorakhpur. In the field of engineering and technology, he is specialized in Bio-instrumentation, Digital Signal Processing, Control & Instrumentation, ECG data Compression, Telemedicine.
History (Prof. V.K. Giri)
He is graduated from SVRCET, Surat (Presently NIT, Surat) and post graduated from University of Roorkee (Presently IIT, Roorkee) with honor and two (02) papers published in National & International Conference. He is completed Doctor of Philosophy IIT Roorkee with Seven (07) papers Published in International/National Journals, (01) one in pipe line,(03) Three in International Conferences.
Research, Development and Specialization of Prof. V.K. Giri
- UGC under Major Research Project (MRP) 2012-13 Project title: Indigenous ECG database creation signal analysis and disease diagnosis using recent DSP Techniques.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project titled “Investigations on PWMRectifier” with Dr A. N. Tiwari as Principal Investigator (PI).
- Co-ordinator of the center M.M.M.U.T. Gorakhpur for creating an ECGdatabase (Indigenous) with Principal Coordinator Prof. Vinod Kumar,Electrical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION: Bio-instrumentation, Digital Signal Processing, Control & Instrumentation, ECG data Compression, Telemedicine.
- Publications: In International / National Journals & International conference/Seminar/ National conference / Seminar etc.). As enclosed in Annexure “A”.
- Thesis Guided/Supervised: M.E./M. Tech. - 15 completed & 04 under process, Ph.D.- 06 under process. Annexure “C”
- Contribution/achievements in academic activities, during the last 03 years proceeding with reference to entry (3) (details be annexed): Received the prestigious “The Corps of Engineers Prize” award for the best paper of the year 2007-08 at NIT Warangal on 12th December 2008 in the Inauguration session of 23rd Indian Engineering Congress of IEI.
(a) Laboratory developments: Prepared new Lab manuals as per UPTU syllabi for measurement & instrumentation lab of the department.
(b) Prepared course structure and introduced new PG program in the department i.e. M.Tech in C&I from session 2012-13.
Contribution to management / administrative work
1) Member, Board of Governors, MMMEC, Gorakhpur.
2) Member, Board of Studies, HBTI, Kanpur.
3) Dean, Student’s Affairs.
4) Chief Proctor (Cont.)
5) Prof. in-charge Library 2010-2013 Successfully Completed Lib. automation work.
6) President, Sports, Games & Cultural Activities from 2004-05 to 2009-2010.
7) Vice- President, Sports Games & Cultural Activities 2003-04.
8) Officer in charge Electrical Maintenance Section (Cont.)
9) Evaluated & conducted several M. Tech. Viva-Voce for different Colleges.
10) Head Examiner for UPTU Exams. Regularly (2004-05 onwards).
11) Practical Examiner for UPTU Exams. Regularly (2004-05 onwards).
12) Counselor during admission for UPSEAT 2004-05 Cont.
13) Member of Flying squad for UPTU Exam 2003-04.
14) Group Leader of Flying squad for GBTU Exam 2010-11.
15) Government Nominee in Selection Committees for DDU.