About Professor Vinod Kumar Giri
Professor V.K. Giri, Electrical Engineering Dept., MMMUT, Gorakhpur
History (Prof. V.K. Giri)
Research, Development and Specialization of Prof. V.K. Giri
- UGC under Major Research Project (MRP) 2012-13 Project title: Indigenous ECG database creation signal analysis and disease diagnosis using recent DSP Techniques.
- Co-Principal Investigator of the project titled “Investigations on PWMRectifier” with Dr A. N. Tiwari as Principal Investigator (PI).
- Co-ordinator of the center M.M.M.U.T. Gorakhpur for creating an ECGdatabase (Indigenous) with Principal Coordinator Prof. Vinod Kumar,Electrical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION: Bio-instrumentation, Digital Signal Processing, Control & Instrumentation, ECG data Compression, Telemedicine.
- Publications: In International / National Journals & International conference/Seminar/ National conference / Seminar etc.). As enclosed in Annexure “A”.
- Thesis Guided/Supervised: M.E./M. Tech. - 15 completed & 04 under process, Ph.D.- 06 under process. Annexure “C”
- Contribution/achievements in academic activities, during the last 03 years proceeding with reference to entry (3) (details be annexed): Received the prestigious “The Corps of Engineers Prize” award for the best paper of the year 2007-08 at NIT Warangal on 12th December 2008 in the Inauguration session of 23rd Indian Engineering Congress of IEI.
(a) Laboratory developments: Prepared new Lab manuals as per UPTU syllabi for measurement & instrumentation lab of the department.
(b) Prepared course structure and introduced new PG program in the department i.e. M.Tech in C&I from session 2012-13.
Contribution to management / administrative work
1) Member, Board of Governors, MMMEC, Gorakhpur.
2) Member, Board of Studies, HBTI, Kanpur.
3) Dean, Student’s Affairs.
4) Chief Proctor (Cont.)
5) Prof. in-charge Library 2010-2013 Successfully Completed Lib. automation work.
6) President, Sports, Games & Cultural Activities from 2004-05 to 2009-2010.
7) Vice- President, Sports Games & Cultural Activities 2003-04.
8) Officer in charge Electrical Maintenance Section (Cont.)
9) Evaluated & conducted several M. Tech. Viva-Voce for different Colleges.
10) Head Examiner for UPTU Exams. Regularly (2004-05 onwards).
11) Practical Examiner for UPTU Exams. Regularly (2004-05 onwards).
12) Counselor during admission for UPSEAT 2004-05 Cont.
13) Member of Flying squad for UPTU Exam 2003-04.
14) Group Leader of Flying squad for GBTU Exam 2010-11.
15) Government Nominee in Selection Committees for DDU.