Table of Contents
Make Static Homepage for WordPress Blog
And many people feel good that they have those recent posts, keep coming to the homepage. But some people want that their homepage is just showing posts with some categories.
For this, we use the custom homepage that means the static homepage. Many business blogs also use static homepage. People who want their blog to remain separate from their homepage, making custom homepage is very good. Today in this article, I will tell you how to set a static homepage for your blog.
What is Static HomePage?
You can do a lot of modifications in the Static homepage, such as the selected posts to show only visitors. You will see many examples in your blogging carrier. Such as news papers, Magzines blogs and a business blog. The dynamic homepage is also good, but if you want to create a professional design, then setting up custom homepage is very good.
WordPress gives us many themes free, but the maximum themes are the same as the dynamic homepage. If you also want to set up a custom homepage for your blog then get the following instructions.
- First, go to Pages in a WordPress Dashboard and create a page from any title, for example “homepage”.
- After that create another page and name it for example “blog”.
- After publishing the page, go to setting> Reading. Setting them according to the image given below.
- After that, select “Static Page” inside Front Page Displays. In it you have two options Front page and Post page. You choose it according to your preference. You can select any page in front page which is already created on your blog.
- After applying this changes.
- As you can see, as soon as you open your blog, that page you will see which you had set up.
- Just after doing such a small setting, whatever your homepage is, that is dynamic Will change to static.
You should also check this:
- How to Stop Spam Comments in WordPress?
- Which one is the best Blogger or WordPress?
- How to design WordPress templates?