Table of Contents
About Harvard University
|Image source: www.huffingtonpost.in|
- Harvard University is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. It was founded in 1636.
In the beginning, it was known as New College and The College of New Town.
- On 13 March 1639, it was renamed Harvard College. It was named after John Harvard.
- John Harvard had a library of four hundred books and a $779 charity to run this institute.
- There is more than 2100 faculty in this university.
- More than 21 thousand students take admission in every year. There are more than 7,000 foreign students in this.
- Many people who have read here have also received Nobel and Pulitzer Prize.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg also has studied here.